I managed to read seven books in November – not bad for someone who says they read ‘about a book a week’! I had a fairly varied month in terms of topics and a few firsts:
– 1 chick lit (Jemma Forte)
– the new Maeve Binchy, Minding Frankie
– my first ebook (Ken Follett’s A Dangerous Fortune – don’t forget, he’s now touring Australia!)
– the first YA novel I’ve read for a while, The Luxe
– and finally, The Crimson Rooms, which you could class as historical fiction
My favourite non fiction was Anh Do’s The Happiest Refugee – a funny and uplifting story about multicultural Australia (Vietnamese pizza anyone?). The best fiction goes to Ken Follett- I can’t believe this was the first book of his I’ve read- I’ve been missing out. (Lucky I’m getting his new book for Christmas).
The search terms on WordPress always make me smile – I’m interested to know how people find me and what they’re looking for. This month Ken Follett and Anh Do tied for the most searches- not surprising, because both have very popular new releases.
It looks like this month I’ll have some more Michael Palin, some YA, classics and modern fiction for you- hope you enjoy!
What did you enjoy reading in November?