The last Monday before Christmas – funny to think that next Monday is Boxing Day! I promised to show you my haul from my Melbourne trip, so here it is. Do drop by Let Them Read Books, who is hosting this month for more mailbox fun. Melbourne has some great bookshops, from Dymocks to Readings to Reader’s Feast. There is also a great discount bookstore called All Books 4 Less (i.e. $5 or $10 for big books).
All bar Villain are from All Books 4 Less. I bought Villain from Readings as a giveaway for a Literary Blog Hop next year. Stay tuned and read my review here.
- City of Dark Hearts – James Conan (actually two people writing together)
- Remarkable Creatures – Tracy Chevalier (had this on my wishlist for ages)
- Once a Land Girl – Angela Huth (found out this is a sequel, can’t find the first book anywhere!)
- Villain – Shuichi Yoshida (love it)
- East End Angel – Carol Rivers
- The Debutante – Kathleen Tessaro
From Dymocks, 2 Richard Yates books (Collected Stories and A Good School) and The Group, my first Virago Modern Classic by Mary McCarthy. Readings had the final book to complete my Richard Yates collection, Eleven Kinds of Loneliness.
More $5 books:
- Tides of War – Stella Tillyard
- The Gallows Bird – Camilla Lackberg
- Half of the Human Race – Anthony Quinn (highly recommended by The Australian)
- Lasting Damage – Sophie Hannah
And finally, from my favourite movie, The Sound of Music Family Scrapbook. So glad I bought this – haven’t seen it anywhere back home.
What were your finds this week?