Well, I didn’t get as many books read this month as I did in January. It’s a shorter month with no public holidays plus I read some books that demanded more attention. My result was four books, all of which I enjoyed. The winner would have to be Fortune Cookie by Bryce Courtenay – simply brilliant with a great twist.
I’m reading another couple of chunksters (Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth and Bill Bryson’s At Home – hardcovers are heavy on the daily commute) so I can’t see myself hitting January’s heights for a while! This was despite having no car for ten days. I did buy a lot of books (both physical and ebooks) due to sales – see my recent purchases for a few examples.
Searchers did not disappoint with their search terms in February, some of the most memorable being:
- ‘1960’s advertisement /food illustrations’ Not found here- try Mad Men!
- ‘jan.02, 2011 1st reading’ What was I reading? Why the second of the month?
- ‘penny vincenzi books in singapore’
- ‘where can i buy penny vincenzi books in singapore’ Try Kinokuniya, Ngee Ann City…they have just about every book and their staff are more expert than me!
- ‘micallef quotes louie the fly’ Even I can’t recall this joke…
- ‘sony centres, and borders and angus & robertson book stores’ Hopefully not another conspiracy theory that the eBook has killed the bookstore! Selling cutlery and fridge magnets certainly doesn’t help!
In February, most of you wanted to know why it takes ten days for a fuel pump to cross the continent (Nissan still can’t answer that one, I can verify having made the trip that it’s 3 hours, 25 minutes in an Airbus 330-200), what’s in Ken Follett’s latest chunkster, Fall of Giants and all about the funniest man in Australia’s book (that’s Shaun Micallef).
In terms of challenges:
My challenge: Tourist level (3 books by 3 different authors)
This month I read:
One extra read…so COMPLETE! Think I will keep working at this one though just to see how far I get.
My challenge: Hajime (one book)
No progress so far.
My challenge: Neophyte (read the original)
No progress yet.
My challenge: Struggling the Addiction (10 books).
This month, I read:
60% complete! Over halfway.
2011 Reading From My Shelves Project
My challenge: 20 paper books (am excluding ebooks).
Doing well…up to 12 now.
How was your February? Feast or famine?